Everything Everywhere All At Once is Absurd!

    Alright, so I finally got around to watching Everything Everywhere All At Once a couple of days ago and first impressions… wow… what a weird fucking movie. But definitely not weird in a bad way, I guess. The storyline is fairly easy to follow along, and the acting is absolutely incredible. I can see why this movie has received so many Oscars.

    From the moment Key Huy Quan’s character Waymond Wong eats an entire stick of lip balm, in order to access the martial arts abilities of one of his counterparts in the multiverse before he absolutely dominates in a fight scene against some IRS security guards using only his fanny pack as a weapon…. Absurdity comes to mind. If felt like a fight scene straight out of a Jackie Chan movie. Shanghai Noon to be more specific. If was awesome and funny and oh so weird. But wait there’s more… the Protagonist Evalyn Wang a little while later while still trying to make her way out of the IRS building ends up trying to prevent a bad guy from shoving a butt plug shaped trophy up his butt, so that he can’t access the fighting skills from His counterpart. Yep, you read that correctly…this film takes what we think of as absurd and pushes it to another level. I think this is a movie you watch with other people just to see each other’s reactions.

Comments

  1. I totally agree when I watched the fighting scenes in the IRS office I was either cringing, laughing, or oh so confused. My husband even watched it with me and we just kept looking at each other and laughing (him more than me). But this movie is sooo absurd that when I did the reading for this week I was really confused on what I was even going to be writing about until I watched this film.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction